• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano Technium 15ft specimen float rod SOLD

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
Very powerful rod capable of handling big floats in pacy water and controlling big fish. Excellent condition, only selling because I recently purchased an Acolyte specimen
Protective tube is a bit battered and zip broken
£ 60 collected from MK14 or could possibly meet north London Mill Hill area weekdays
IMG_9685.jpeg
IMG_9687.jpeg
IMG_9688.jpeg
IMG_9693.jpeg

Last edited:
If postable id be interested but obviously the size etc which we all know about! I got a rod sent from a family member last week but it was under 1.5m (13ft) next day £9.20!!!

If postable id be interested but obviously the size etc which we all know about! I got a rod sent from a family member last week but it was under 1.5m (13ft) next day £9.20!!!
Thanks Jon but I don’t want to post…been burnt in the past sending rods in post and vowed I wouldn’t again
I will be fishing the Severn (Coalport) in March if that helps?

Cheers Alan no worries I understand. I can't really commit to dates with my life currently. It's definitely a frustration when rods get over that 1.5m.

Parcel force are usually fine and wou,d prolly charge about 12 quid.
They are part of royal mail and collect from the post office. The rods are coverd with insurance also.

Hi Jon, have been re-thinking the postal conundrum as I know collection is proving an issue with sales. I packed it up in a tube and tried various couriers for quotes and cheapest I could find was £31 with Parcelforce! So probably unrealistic for cheaper sales

Hi John
What company did they use to send rod.
£9.20 is cheap
Thanks
Danny🎣

Hi Danny, it was my wife's cousin but it was parcel force 48. He cut the tube down as small as could go. I'm pretty sure he's got an account to so probably gets its cheaper that way to.

Last edited:
Hi Jon, have been re-thinking the postal conundrum as I know collection is proving an issue with sales. I packed it up in a tube and tried various couriers for quotes and cheapest I could find was £31 with Parcelforce! So probably unrealistic for cheaper sales

I'm quite positive they charge different rates at different post offices!

Back