• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mustad Magic Box by Martin Colloff (milkers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Williams

Mustad Magic Box by Martin Colloff (milkers)

Introduction

When I offered to do an article for the site, after talking to Bob I was thinking of buying some new tackle in the closed season and reviewing that. Whilst I will probably still do this, after talking to Scott, he suggested an article on a piece of kit I have already been using for a few years. This is the Mustad Magic Box, a kind of mini tackle-box for all your essential bits and pieces. For most of my fishing I am quite mobile, especially on the smaller rivers, and the Magic Box is ideal for anglers on the move, even if I'm on the Severn, I keep this with me in my coat pocket in case I swap pegs at any point.

mbox.jpg

Mustad Magic Box

Description

The box itself is small and light-weight, when opened up the dimensions are 100x65x25mm. It has 10 different compartments, all with a small 'flip' type lid. The compartments vary in size and are ideal for keeping hooks, swivels right through to run-rings and beads.

Conclusion
As a space-saving piece of tackle this is ideal, and as I said I have been using mine for a number of seasons already, and don't really know what I would do without it. The only down-side, if there is one is that you could do with a little more room, but I think that may be me being greedy, as it would probably defeat the object of it's compact design. In short, go and buy one!

Price and Stockists

I bought mine from Trefor West a few years ago, and paid about �6, I believe they are �7.99 from Trefor now, he normally has his tackle on sale at Barbel Society regional meetings. You will also be able to purchase one from most Mustad stockists, I have also noticed that they sell them at Shortferry Angling Shop Index for the same price.

Martin Colloff (milkers)

April 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back