• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano 8010

Ray Ellis

Picked up a Shimano 8010 aero gt on a bootsale this morning. Cometically it is in very good condition, apart from a couple of chips out of the plastic on the handle. It is in need of a full service however, do you think it is worth spending money on it to have it serviced

Picked up a Shimano 8010 aero gt on a bootsale this morning. Cometically it is in very good condition, apart from a couple of chips out of the plastic on the handle. It is in need of a full service however, do you think it is worth spending money on it to have it serviced

Noooo post it to me, I'll bin it :rolleyes:

But if you don't want to do that try Felindre, much praised on here as to the quality of workmanship, speed and value for money.

Noooo post it to me, I'll bin it :rolleyes:

But if you don't want to do that try Felindre, much praised on here as to the quality of workmanship, speed and value for money.

I sense from your reply that it might be a decent reel Neil :) . I only paid £5 for it. Shimano servicing is only 10 minutes up the road from me. I should give them a ring and see if they accept them at the door (to save on postage :))

You beat me to that reply about your locality Ray. I would hope that they might do it for you whie you wait!!:p get it serviced, you will get your money back + even after service if not on here certainly on flea bay:D

You know your more than welcome to join me anytime JW

I have just booked myself a 8hr boat trip from Swansea on Sunday :)
dreading the sea sickness :(

You know your more than welcome to join me anytime JW

I have just booked myself a 8hr boat trip from Swansea on Sunday :)
dreading the sea sickness :(

Do you not take Kwells or similar Ray? I used to get sea sick when I went out, but they took care of that completely.

Cheers, Dave.

Do you not take Kwells or similar Ray? I used to get sea sick when I went out, but they took care of that completely.

Cheers, Dave.

It's a lot of years ago that i last went out on a boat, in them days i used to eat a good fried breakfast and that always did the trick. I think this time i will have to pick up something like Kwells methinks.

I have a pair of 8010's, bought them very early 90's and they are my first choice carp reel.

As much as i hate the bait runner facility the 8010 has never let me down.

A very good reel and well worth getting it serviced sir.

Back