• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Braid Blades

Dave Taylor

Having posted a pic. of some of my rigs on the 'hemp & caster' thread, it reminded me that I am in the market for some new braid blades.!
I have a couple of pairs that I re-sharpen with a stone [ just rub it along the flat lower blade],..but would be interested to know if anyone has any recommendations for a good make that keep their edge.
I read Steve William's reveiw of Owner Supercuts [2011] which sound ok but just wondered if there were any more out there that you have used for a few seasons and would recommend.
Thanks in advance..
dt:)

The ones I have got are made by pb products but they don't make them any more had them years and there as sharp as the day I got them great blade best I have ever seen. Might be able to find a pair on ebay if your lucky well worth looking though dave.

I would also recommend the PB braid blades and reiterate everything said.I have made a point of always using them for braid only and haven't succumbed to snipping the odd length of mono.Honest.:D

Many thanks for the replies guys,..I have treated myself to some PB,s and am going the whole hog and also ordering a pair of Gardners from Andy as well.
dt.

Back