• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

river itchen

Chris Thomson

Hi, anyone got any info on the itchen barbel fishing on the eastleigh ticket? Not after swims or anything like that just what size i could expect, pm if you prefer, appreciate any pointers

Hi Chris, not heard of any Barbel on the Eastleigh ticket, they don't seem to have spread upstream above the Itchen fishery at Mansbridge, all those I've heard of being caught are from the mill downstream to just below the White Swan pub.

Hi Chris, not heard of any Barbel on the Eastleigh ticket, they don't seem to have spread upstream above the Itchen fishery at Mansbridge, all those I've heard of being caught are from the mill downstream to just below the White Swan pub.

They have been in the private beat above the Lower Itchen Fishery for at least four years to my knowledge. Go back eight years and we were catching barbel at the very top boundary of Gaiters (the beat above the top of the last trout beat) just where the tiny carrier leaves the main river.

I believe that the current riparian owner is more interested in pike fishing than game. It is also fished by a salmon syndicate.

Back