• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Anker/Sence?

Duncan Jackson

Hi All,

Im currently looking into fishing the Anker or Sence for barbell/chub, can anyone give me a heads up on which associations control what and how I can go about getting a ticket to fish.
Many years ago as a young lad, I fished the Sence with my dad, if my memory serves me right it was by the Gate pub in Ractcliffe Culey, had to go through a farm to access the river.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Duncan, I used to fish down Watery Lane just off the A444 heading for Sheepy,the turn before Twycross, fairly certain it's not accessible now though. I think the stretch just outside Ratcliffe is day ticket. You could ask one of the local farmers they are a nice bunch round there. The Anker try asking in Witherley bound to be someone who uses the Bulls G
Head or Blue Lion who knows. Don't bother with Mythe Farm though as most of it is overgrown with weed.

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your reply, definitely will be using your advice to ask local farmers/people to put me in the right direction.

Duncan I stood on the bridge near the Pretty Pigs one day and there were a number of barbel just upstream. I had some pellets in the car and these fish were on them straight away. Couldn't find out whose water it was though although below the bridge was Birchmoor although I don't think they exist anymore.

Duncan I stood on the bridge near the Pretty Pigs one day and there were a number of barbel just upstream. I had some pellets in the car and these fish were on them straight away. Couldn't find out whose water it was though although below the bridge was Birchmoor although I don't think they exist anymore.

Barbel are still there below the bridge, probably not the same fish though :D a call to the tackle shop in Polesworth might be worthwhile 01827 895011

Back