• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Diawa ss2600

Hiya Peter,
Garry at Custom Reels can quick drag them for £5 each. I was going to have my reels converted but was told it completely ruins the performance if you play your fish on the clutch. Never bothered in the end, plus I rarely use fixed spools. Instead he'll do an upgrade on the washers to improve the drag and can tune the clutch so it operates at 3 full turns for a tenner a pop I think.

Hiya Peter,
Garry at Custom Reels can quick drag them for £5 each. I was going to have my reels converted but was told it completely ruins the performance if you play your fish on the clutch. Never bothered in the end, plus I rarely use fixed spools. Instead he'll do an upgrade on the washers to improve the drag and can tune the clutch so it operates at 3 full turns for a tenner a pop I think.
Cheers bobby,I text him and had no reply

Peter,
If you get no joy with Garry then give Weston Developments a try, bit more expensive I think but another option.
Nick

Hi Peter,
I have qd the spools on both my 2600 and 1600 reels. You do of course loose the finer adjustment but the are still perfectly ok to use and play fish off the clutch with. They are quite easy to do yourself and there are a few articles and videos on the net showing you how, my advice would be to study these and have a go if you feel confident.
I have also managed to source spare spool caps from USA on eBay, they were approximately £5 each so I can now use both.

Cheers,I have emailed gary at custom reels,I've also sourced some one else,not sure if I can do my self,unless get the weston developments spool caps and washers,any links to the vids roy,cheers

Weston also do some ultra cult black spools for them, look real tasty!
Just about to off load my big pits and 10000's for a pair of the 2600's and have them done by Weston, Andy at Weston came back to me today and said that the clutch components he uses are his own and that they perform just like the original Daiwa parts.

Weston also do some ultra cult black spools for them, look real tasty!
Just about to off load my big pits and 10000's for a pair of the 2600's and have them done by Weston, Andy at Weston came back to me today and said that the clutch components he uses are his own and that they perform just like the original Daiwa parts.
Spoke to andy,think I will be purchasing :) too

Marty Mulcairn does plenty of work on these reels drop him a PM ;)

I can't find the particular video I had previously seen but this on shows you how, the ss spool caps are different because you have to drill out the lugs (by hand with a drill bit). The procedure is then the same and you secure the cap with a spot of glue in each of the lugs when complete.

http://youtu.be/aNXMQCnWXS0

I've finally got hold of Gary,I'm sending them next week,like the weston developments,but would rather mine being done:)

No problem Peter glad I can help :rolleyes:

Is it just me but these reels have a very obvious wobble on the rotor, that's why I sold mine. I appreciate they have a following as do old Capri's, is it just sentiment or am I missing something?:confused:

Back