• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which rod rest?

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
I see there's been a bit of interest in what rod rest, so are you a modern angler who uses alloy/stainless steel? Or like passion for angling stick to the traditional style?

Fox cam lock for me, the smooth end type rather than the threaded drill type.

In the name of "The Travelling Man" stop this madness before it starts :p

Korum adjustable side strike for me....... Oh My God, what have I done? :D

Fox Front Runner and Fox Duo grip rear.

There a bit springy those fox ones. Nash h gun in 48inch for me.

KREST-06.jpg

Otherwise...

2379_14_fox_micron_m_plus.jpg

:D:D:D

Stephen

Heathen!

Someone should start a what bite alarm thread! I'll give it a max of 2 replies before some barbel hipster says the ratchet on their center pin!

Beautiful Haydn! That's certainly set me up nicely for a day at work where I'll definitley not be thinking about being on the river......
For what it's worth, I think I have an old dinsmores bank stick and one of them swivel V heads for the rod to sit on. This is a bold statement for a modest chap but I'm 100% certain the Barbel don't care too much for what rod rest the angler is using, unless it has bright flashing lights on it and makes loud noises. A bit like a bite alarm........!!

Thanks for the comments gents.

At the risk of completely hijacking the thread...here's a few other bits I knocked up in the same timber, which, incidentally is called olive ash.

This is only a hobby for me so I'm not touting for business here, by the way. I have no interest in doing these other than for my own enjoyment. And Dan is right of course: the barbel don't care a less what rod rest you're using or what tackle box for that matter but I just find these things a little easier on the eye than the plastic stuff I'd otherwise be using.

Back