• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anglers Mail

Roman Vann

Hello gentlemen,
Im currently having a clean out and have a hoard of Anglers Mail issues that sadly are no longer required. These were amassed from the tender age of 9 and I would really like to find a suitable home for them - preferably a young angler who can use them as inspiration for their own angling adventures. If you have any suggestions or if there were an particular issues you guys personally wanted i would be more than glad to pass them on.
Cheers!
p.s. I think they are from 1999 onwards , additionally there may be some gaps in the collection (in particular one issue where I am featured age 10 in the where to fish section, looking awfully proud of my hideous 6 pound thames bream.)

Thanks Derek, a sound suggestion!

this thread has received 275 views and has received one reply. Yet a thread about the particular flavour and texture of the spam you prefer, will no doubt be well attended and filled with 'useful' suggestions . . . . . .and we wonder why kids prefer Xbox's and fast food. surely someone has a young angling protege they know or are all the BFW members on some kind of register :confused: surely that cant be the case ;)

Roman the worrying thing for the future is how few youngsters you see fishing except maybe on carp puddles. 30 years ago i helped with a local clubs junior section, we had at least a dozen keen young anglers, 2 years ago i was helping with RDAA youngsters, sometimes only 1 of 2 tuned up, more helpers than young anglers..not good. Hopefully your mags will inspire someone somewhere.

Back