• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Amnesia

Ive used it in 15 and 20 white and black, my no 1 choice of hooklink, hardly any memory , i use a braid hair and tie a domhoff knot over the top with a drennan continental hook and a figure of 8 knot at the swivel end, cant fault the stuff

used it in combi rigs for carp but never tried it on its own as a hooklink
one tip is to pull it through your fingers a few times this in turn warms the line a bit and softens which makes it a bit limper, fish dont seem to take much motice of bumping or rubbing on the stuff, probably cos the see its there;)

try pulling the stuff thru your finger and thumb using light pressure, it warms the line slightly, this in turn because of slight pressure softens and stretches the line a little and makes a tad less brittle, in heavier strengths you shouldnt get the problem

Amnesia is average as far as hooklength materials go there is a lot better products on the market .....fluorocarbon such as mouth trap by korda it's pretty much invisible in water and does not break get it in 25lb breaking strain, all my mates that carp fish use it for chod rigs and they swear by it! Amnesia is mono and fluro in my opinion is much better for hooklengths :)

Back