• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing Trousers

Garry Mortimer

Following on from recent threads about jackets I am trying a new ultra tough pair of fishing trousers - Waterproof and shrugs off barbed wire and sharp boulders… won't be needed on some waters but where I fish will be invaluable

Marsh Trousers - Seeland UK

…anyone else tried these.

No not at £119.00 I haven't

Well, have been through normal craghoppers and other cheaper fishing trousers, the thought was that these could last several seasons, considerable about of my fishing is among boulders where the weather is either wet and windy or windy and wet with snow!

I have had 2 pairs of seelands , keeper were the first and i liked them as winter trousers until they gave up the ghost after 5 seasons. I replaced them with a similar but lighter version for roaming but they split at the crutch very quickly. I wont get another pair but may see if harkillas are a bit more robust. I do have a pair of swedeteam salopettes that are very good do their trousses may be an option.

I get mine from Aldi, there lightweight, lined, waterproof, and at £9.99 a pair, i don,t give a monkeys if i wreck them. But so far, this pair, have lasted very very well. :)

I get mine from Aldi, there lightweight, lined, waterproof, and at £9.99 a pair, i don,t give a monkeys if i wreck them. But so far, this pair, have lasted very very well. :)
Pair of cheapskates we are;) I bought 4, pairs, on offer at half price, excellent for the money, I would be nervous wearing strides c.£120.

I have a pair of Sealand Keepers- they are brilliant and have an older pair say 5 years that i walk the dogs in when it is wet...they are robust and long lasting, waterproof and warm - not cheap but you pays your money...

Another vote for the ALDI insulated trousers. I have to put them on just before I leave the house otherwise I simply get too hot in them. Lightweight waterproof overtrousers over the top if a wet day.

Stealth Gear extreme photography trousers for most of the winter, warm reasonabley waterproof, lots of pockets and reinforced knees. If it's really bad then sallopets.

Definitely 2 camps, your Aldis etc and Seeland keeper style. As always you pays your money and make your choice, but it will depend also on where you fish etc

Ron Hill Tracksters under a Goretex bib & Brace outer shell: warm enough (for most conditions), comfortable, quick-drying and stretchy. Easy to put another layer over when the frosts start to bite and if you're worried about the 'men in tights' look, they now do some looser fitting alternatives. ;)

I have a pair of Aldi insulated trousers and they are certainly warm. However, like all trousers the wind and cold can get in under the jacket and above the trousers. I bought a one piece army quilted boiler suit last year which certainly helps stop this problem. Salopette or bib n brace trousers help too.

I'm pretty sure the Aldi trousers are not waterproof? However, I have a pair of unissued army goretex over trousers which haven't left me down in that department.

Stephen

Back