• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

My first double.

Richard Barrett

Hello Guy's.

I to took my first double today from the Trent. (Sorry the picture is not that great, but I was on my own and the banks stone and steep. The fishes welfare came first.) The fish was as thick around the head/shoulder as my terrier!!.But not as long as I expected. But the chub are also very deceiving on the Trent. Short and thick.

I weighed it twice at 12lb 8oz. I feel many of you have a share in this fish as you all helped with my rod choice, and bait.

So thanks. I'm unsure of how to download a picture but it will be on my blog by the weekend. Small stream brown trout. Again thanks all.:D

Richard.

Attachments

• 1-IMGP0134.jpg
    1-IMGP0134.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 316
Well done Richard.

Heartiest congratulations Richard that is a lovely chunk of a fish, may your next not be too far behind....

Congrats Richard ,bet now you have broken your duck another double comes along very soon.It is one of those weird coincidences that often happens.

Well done Richard, takes me back to March 1994 when I had my first double at 11 2 from Throop fishery, I went back the next day and had one of 10 5.
Get out tomorrow. :)

I've waited 40 years for this fish. Story is I've fished for big fish of many
species in that time, and only dabbled with barbel.

Had a 7.8 from the Wensum way back, but the huge roach the river once produced kept me busy at the time. However they really have a hold over me at the moment, and I cannot seem to get enough of the drug. I'll be out again next week.
The Trent really is a surprise to me and while this fish is a big fish to me, I'm sure it's not that big in the scheme of things.

Still I've always fished just for my own pleasure and beating any best gets the blood flowing.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Richard.

Well done on your first double Richard. You'll no doubt remember that date as if it's a birthday. I bet you were buzzing.
Regards
Pete

Back