• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Dove Record

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I just wanted to say congratulations to Jim Ufton on the new Dove record of 18lb 6oz!!!

5460a9a63cc89.jpg

Check out all the records on this page:

Barbel river records

Looking at the history page, the record has gone up by a pound since Jim last held it 6 years ago.

Regards,

Andy

That is a stunning Barbel and very well done to Jim. This fish, and Mr Gittins Severn fish, are two very fine specimens indeed. Also, congratulations to the recent home page pictures. Not trying to steal your moment Jim, but some very nice fish caught recently, and i am just a touch jealous. Beautiful looking Barbel and well done.

Stephen

Congratulations Jim, one hell of a fish......................

Propper lump, superb fish, well done that man.

I think this fish nicely illustrates the point several of us have been trying to make in several threads with dubious pictures recently. Many have said how difficult it is to judge a fish by a photo, yet here we are all in agreement again over the size of a fish....no one doubts this and one or two others recently. Anglers DO know when a fish is at least roughly the weight that is being claimed...and when it patently is not!

Cheers, Dave.

Back