• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

which one

Ben Jennings

Next year I fancy trying elsewhere on the Kennet other than the rdaa waters I've been fishing for the past few years. Two tickets that I fancy are either the wasing river syndicate or the advanced angling stretch (used to be the old cemex venue. I like the idea of wasing as there are several different stretches to fish, however I fished the old cemex bit years ago and really enjoyed it and the fish have got bigger but at £250 it seems expensive compared to what you get on wasing. Any suggestions from you guys which would be better or are there any other options I haven't thought of.

Next year I fancy trying elsewhere on the Kennet other than the rdaa waters I've been fishing for the past few years. Two tickets that I fancy are either the wasing river syndicate or the advanced angling stretch (used to be the old cemex venue. I like the idea of wasing as there are several different stretches to fish, however I fished the old cemex bit years ago and really enjoyed it and the fish have got bigger but at £250 it seems expensive compared to what you get on wasing. Any suggestions from you guys which would be better or are there any other options I haven't thought of.

BAA?
Fees up to £40 from £35 but still fantastic venues, and some great barbel fishing.

£250? Far too much for a bit of coarse fishing imo :)

Both good options Ben and similarly priced, although as you know you get a lot more river on the Wasing ticket. Good fish to go at in both Syndicates. Newbury, Thatcham and CALPAC are other obvious clubs to join.

Thanks chaps some other clubs to look at there. What is baa? Have googled it but can only find Birmingham at and Bathampton.

Thanks chaps some other clubs to look at there. What is baa? Have googled it but can only find Birmingham at and Bathampton.

Birmingham Anglers Association Ben, a huge club with loads of good waters, I appreciate the waters are not that local to you, but have a look on their website and you can see for yourself if the trip would be worth it. Certainly the Middle /Lower Severn would be reasonable.

It's all on the website.

Bathampton AA = Bristol Avon, and the Avon at the moment is not producing the barbel as in previous years. But nonetheless still worth a look, the ticket would be Bristol Almagamated. Also Chippenham AA, a bit nearer for you you might want to look at.

BAA have included a very detailed feedback sheet in ther renewal form this year. A good opportunity for those, like myself, to express frustration at the night fishing ban that is applied to most of their waters

I joined Birmingham this year, as Neil says its not local to us Kennet anglers but the fishing is more enjoyable and there is so much water most venues are normally pretty quiet...excellent value IMO

Looking at it the baa does offer some very nice waters. However at the moment any rare trips to the bank are quick 2-3 hour trip at most and the Kennet is only 5 mins from my front door. When I get more time I'll definitely get a baa ticket.

Back