• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Possible good news for the Kennet

Thank you to all those involved in getting this decision. Particularly ARK for bringing this issue to the front and fighting for something to be done. Thanks Neil.
Nick

Well done to the Angling Trust and everyone else involved. I,m glad my £2.50 a month subscription to the AT is being used well. :) Keep up the good work. :)

Whilst I applaud the fact that this will mean a better flowing, more natural Kennet, I do wonder what will happen to the Thames now? The water that fills Farmoor res. does, as stated, come from the Thames, so obviously once this scheme comes on line, more will be required from that river to compensate. Robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Cheers, Dave.

If it is necessary to take water from rivers surely it should be done near their estuarys rather than at source, or is that too simplistic.
Or have the EA allowed so much pollution in by then it's too dirty and only fit for poisoning the sea?
Re the Kennet it's good news but what's to be done about the effects of the re canalization, that's what really messed it up.

Back