• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Severn record

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I'm very pleased to announce that Kevin Gittins river Severn fish has been approved as the new record for the river at 16lb 11oz.

Many congratulations from me Kevin :)

54746d2b53a73.jpg

Kevin Gittins with the new Severn record at 16lb 11oz

To view all river records and a recent history of the river records see here:

Barbel river records

All the best,

Andy F

What a fine fish , well done Kevin . Anyone that one that think's that fish doesn't look it's weight needs their eyes seeing to :)

What a fine fish , well done Kevin . Anyone that one that think's that fish doesn't look it's weight needs their eyes seeing to :)

Well done indeed Kevin, super fish.

Mike, as I have said before, when a fish is held in a sensible manner, then we as anglers DO know when a fish is a proper lump, and when it isn't (despite what anyone says about the difficulties of judging a fishes size from a photo)

Yes, it does help when the angler concerned is known and trusted...but it isn't the only criteria. When the fish is held at arms length, so that the fish looks like a great white shark, and the hands holding it are apparently 12" wide, then that is going to throw the whole thing into doubt...and that angler deserves all he gets! Despite the reputation we have amongst the non angling public, we are not fools :) (ok, maybe I am a bit daft, but most are fine)

Cheers, Dave.

Big congratulations, in my opinion the most prestigious river record there is.

Out of interest was this fish from below or above Worcester?

Nailed Kev, totally nailed...no question mate. The record is yours, and you are (now) the deserved (official) record holder.
Well done....well deserved.
So now, who's gonna get the first 17 then????

ATVBA
Terry

Well done Matey a super fish...

Back