• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ashfield Angling Club

From what I can glean, Chris there's been some changes within the committee and currently they are looking at devising a new web-site, hopefully set up before Christmas.

Roger

Looks like a lovers tiff between committee members if you get the message I did other day come up while trying to access site

Am afraid there is much more to it than whats been said here and can see bad times ahead if the people who have decided to ignore the membership dont think again

Am afraid there is much more to it than whats been said here and can see bad times ahead if the people who have decided to ignore the membership dont think again

One of these days Robert people who serve on commitees will realise that they are there to serve the membership and not for their own gratification !!

it dont help when 3 or 4 of the committee are non anglers , from what I have heard this has started with one individual who only got on the committee this year and apart from stirring this hornets nest up he has also rubbed alot of anglers up on one of the venues , they dont care as the attitude seems to be with a waiting list of 370 do one if your not happy , in fact one of them actually used that expression to a member

Hi anyone know whats happend/happening with Ashfield AC ?
If the emails I receive and the postings on other forums are true, it is heading upstream at the sewerage outlet at Stoke Bardolph!
After a good many years, and now the ostracizing of many former committee members who found many of the waters for the club, i might be relinquishing my membership

If the emails I receive and the postings on other forums are true, it is heading upstream at the sewerage outlet at Stoke Bardolph!
After a good many years, and now the ostracizing of many former committee members who found many of the waters for the club, i might be relinquishing my membership

Darryl, i really feel for you, i understand where you are coming from. I had a similar experience, with a ( golf society :eek: ). I was the longest standing member, 20+ years. Some newbies, great friends with mr popular, thought they knew better. I too was ostracized, after developing the club into one that was accepted at the most exclusive of courses. If anything, it relighted my passion for angling, so it wasn,t all bad. :) Good luck Darryl, and i hope things work out for the better. Maybe start a club of your own, with the older ( and wiser ) anglers. :)

Lets just hope it can all be sorted out, and soon. I have been a member for 5years, its a great club with some fantastic waters, so there is a lot at stake.

Mick

Not all committee members are only interested in their own importance but if you have people on the committee that have their own (shared) agendas, then it can be very damaging to the club. When I was Secretary of Christchurch AC, I always tried to put the membership first and act in their best interests but ended up resigning when the ruling clique took umbrage at my actions in listening to the members and not toeing the 'official' committee line.

A once great club now struggles to retain its members/waters and although after over 35 years as a member, I have now given it up, I still wish it well and hope that the club will one day turn the corner and again become the great club that it once was.

Just hope that your Ashfield club doesn't fall apart in the same way.

Dave

I've been a member a few years now & found it to be a really well run club, with Steve & Tony in particular to be very helpful.. Hope it all sorts itself out.

Thats the problem Steve , they are trying to get rid of Steve and Tony and having been filled in on some of the goings on , its a disgrace , if you member you may get at least one email with one or both sides of the argument

Its a good club, shame politics and egos gets in the way with a lot of things like this, and a room full of people will never all agree, and their will always be people with their own agendas, I've received an email and heard 1 side of it and quite frankly I don't care I just think these people need to shake themselves who do things like this as it puts a club in a bad light and also think it should stay contained as a lot of the time its personal issues and the world don't need to know about it

Thats the problem Steve , they are trying to get rid of Steve and Tony and having been filled in on some of the goings on , its a disgrace , if you member you may get at least one email with one or both sides of the argument

Hi Bob I've had a couple of emails but don't know the story..I'm thinking of going to the EGM/AGM if it's worth a trip.

Hi, I had an Ashfield ticket for a couple of years but dropped out as the travel made it difficult to justify, as with any group, decisions always have to be voted for at AGMs /SGMs, unpopular rules / committee decisions are only made because not enough members turn up to vote otherwise, officers get voted in/out every year so if your worried about the future of the club it has to be worth attending meetings whatever your viewpoint.

Back