• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New article now live

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
that looks like a lovely secret lake graham, those carp look very much like very old warriors if i aint mistaken mate, great fish and what a lucky man to have acess too:):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Yes John as far as I can establish they were stocked around 1957. Leney fish.

Nick. Nudge nudge wink wink. Hope you ok; are you living Trent ways now?

Not only a great article, great fish but wonderful photographs as well. We can really see just how pleased you are!!

Thought they might be Leney strain fish Graham - they look stunning.
I'm not particularly a carp fisher, but finding a lake with fish like that reminds me of the early Redmire stories.
Lovely article and pictures - not that I'm in the slightest bit jealous ! ;)
Hope you're well mate :)

Reads to me like a fine work of fiction... and some eccentric photo-shop work, old Grey One:eek::eek:

Nah, only jesting mate, a really good read, goes well with some of your earlier lengthier efforts and I guess I've heard of the venue somewhere in one of those too.

You really ought to smile alot more wider for captures like those,:):)

Mike

Hi Mark. I was well till a mate got me on the port and brandy last night!::(

Great to hear from you Ozzy. Must try meet up more next year with you and the Trent Rats..:D

Up in Lincolnshire these days Graham, got a great ticket on the Trent, but still miss the intimacy of the Kennet and Loddon. Let me know if you fancy a day on the Trent sometime. All the best.

Nick C

Back