• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Courier's for rods

Neil Smart

I have been trying for the last 5 days to get a rod collected for delivery to another BFW member, alas I have been let down by non collection. I have tried City Link and My Hermes both useless, so I would appreciate any help on who's hot to trot at the moment.

So I can get on with life. :(

Seems that the couriers have a backlog due to the "Black Friday " spike causing delays according to one o clock news Neil.

Edit,...make that the 12 o clock news..... I'll get me coat and return to never never land!

neil, try putting the height at 4" and the length at 6ft and width at 4"
you maybe surprised at the price difference than a 6ft high item;)

I use Interparcel.com usually via Ups excellent service.

Hi men,

Had nightmare story's about the Tower of London poppies being broken in transit by couriers , but ours arrived complete , although they still struggled to find us :(

Hatter

Thanks lads, looks like Interparcel so far, and Shippo I should have looked at your tube you sent to me before tearing off the labels to repack this rod :rolleyes:

Used the Royal Mail once who managed to snap a rod in two, struggling like hell to get compensation, and have since used Interparcel who seemed competent until?
Tried to send a parcel recently using them via My Hermes. They didn't pick up twice so resorted back to RM who got it there in a couple of days albeit paying more money.
I think the Xmas post has snarled up the private carriers, according to the delivery lady who delivers Next parcels here. She said her normal work load was about 90, currently over 150

All good thanks for the help, I have re-booked through TNT, I tried Interparcel website and through price comparisons came up with them.

But it's all down to whether or not the courier can be a$$ed to collect I guess.:rolleyes:

Another example of denationalising state owned utilities that offered a perfectly good service in favour of the profit making couldn't care a less cowboys.:(

Maybe worth noting that some couriers have a 'compensation' clause of something along the lines of £1 to 1.50 per kilo, unless you take out enhanced/extra liability insurance, so may be advisable to check before you send. Maybe acceptable if you are shipping a house brick but for an expensive rod not quite so.
Imagine:
"I've just shipped a rod with you, it's arrived broken and I want to make a claim"
"OK sir, what is the value of the goods?"
"400 smackeroonies"
"We can offer you 4 of the said smackeroonies as compensation"
"Oh, that wouldn't do nicely"

Just saying.

Maybe worth noting that some couriers have a 'compensation' clause of something along the lines of £1 to 1.50 per kilo, unless you take out enhanced/extra liability insurance, so may be advisable to check before you send. Maybe acceptable if you are shipping a house brick but for an expensive rod not quite so.
Imagine:
"I've just shipped a rod with you, it's arrived broken and I want to make a claim"
"OK sir, what is the value of the goods?"
"400 smackeroonies"
"We can offer you 4 of the said smackeroonies as compensation"
"Oh, that wouldn't do nicely"

Just saying.

Yes that's true Bob seeing that the standard cover is just £50 that would be totally inadequate for you I am sure :), but the first rule of Courier Club would be collect first, I can't get past that.:rolleyes:

I have sent a few this past month
All 6 foot rod parcels. £13 picked up and delivered with text from parcel to go. I used the app but also available on laptop. Excellent.

I will tell you of one shipping service to avoid and that is E bay' s global shipping programme . I recently signed up to this as I do send a fair few rods abroad . The rules on maximum length are contradictory and complicated . If you are shipping abroad , make your own arrangements and avoid this service :mad:

its worth mentioning that parcel2go are booking agents and not couriers. They compare rates from companies such as hermes, city link yodel and so on but with a tracking service on one site.

Back