• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Happy Christmas

Howard Cooke

Well someone had to get the thread started. It's a bit early I know but then Christmas seems to get earlier each year.

I love you guys. I don't mean in a, let's sit on a sofa in our leather undergarments and watch Gladiator together kind of way. No, more in a brotherly, let's go fishing together kind of way. We could still wear our leather undergarments though.

I think it's been a good year on the forum. Some nonsense and arguments but mainly lovely old banter and some fascinating discussions.

Anyway, happy Christmas everyone and I hope you all manage a restful break and perhaps even get a bit of fishing in and perhaps even with some shiny new gear.

I'll second that Howard!

As Damian is obviously refering to the leather underwear, I'll second the happy Christmas and New Year bit.
Graham

Cheers Howard and Seasons Greetings to you and yours mate:)

Merry Xmas to everyone well except those that submit bogus fish records :p

Ho Ho Ho

ATB

Brian:)

Happy Christmas to you all. Tight lines & wet nets for the New Year. Howard, I hope you've not given us all a glimpse of what's on your Christmas list!

Happy Christmas Howard, and to one and all.

Errr...about that leather gear you were on about Howard, um....I mean, I am not the least bit interested, not even a tiny bit bothered. But I just wondered...do you have a catalogue I could borrow? I mean, it doesn't have to have pictures, no. Not really, no. But....if you think they would be useful, to choose sizes or whatever, I guess it couldn't hurt. I mean, I probably wouldn't look at them anyway :eek:

Just wondered.

Cheers, Dave.

Happy Christmas Howard, and to one and all.

Errr...about that leather gear you were on about Howard, um....I mean, I am not the least bit interested, not even a tiny bit bothered. But I just wondered...do you have a catalogue I could borrow? I mean, it doesn't have to have pictures, no. Not really, no. But....if you think they would be useful, to choose sizes or whatever, I guess it couldn't hurt. I mean, I probably wouldn't look at them anyway :eek:

Just wondered.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, ive a couple of old ones you can have, well worn mind, but still usable ;) any preference on colour ? got lots of brown/tan colour :eek: :D

dave.jpg

Heres one i sent Howard a while ago :D

howard.jpg

Once i reached fifty, i stopped using them. I now prefer to go commando. :)

Merry Christmas to all at BFW :)

Well someone had to get the thread started. It's a bit early I know but then Christmas seems to get earlier each year.

I love you guys. I don't mean in a, let's sit on a sofa in our leather undergarments and watch Gladiator together kind of way. No, more in a brotherly, let's go fishing together kind of way. We could still wear our leather undergarments though.

I think it's been a good year on the forum. Some nonsense and arguments but mainly lovely old banter and some fascinating discussions.

Anyway, happy Christmas everyone and I hope you all manage a restful break and perhaps even get a bit of fishing in and perhaps even with some shiny new gear.

Happy Crimbo Howard and all :)
Just applying the dubbin to my leather knick knacks as we speak, reminiscing about mini-breaks in Turkish prisons :D

Merry Christmas all.
Howard I'd love to share a sofa and watch Brokeback Mountain with you. Not sure about the leather gear however, sounds a bit homosexual.
And a happy new year.

All the best for Christmas and a healthy happy new year to all. I'm retiring now so can finally spend much more time on the riverbank. Howard, I'll be in touch for a day on the Kennet !!

Back