• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Gamma Line

I can confirm that Pallatrax have reached an agreement with Black Knight Industries and will once again be the UK wholesalers for this line.

At the moment its all a bit watch this space for when tackle shops will be again selling this line.

Thanks Nigel. Thats great news for me. I'll hold off buying any thing else for a while.
Andy do you think you may stock it again??.

I would imagine we would stock it again, as long as the packaging accurately reflects the breaking strain of the line this time. The last batch broke at well over the printed BS. So the the line rated at 13.2lb BS was labelled 8lb etc

I would imagine we would stock it again, as long as the packaging accurately reflects the breaking strain of the line this time. The last batch broke at well over the printed BS. So the the line rated at 13.2lb BS was labelled 8lb etc

Andy, as you are no doubt aware, underrating the breaking strain of line is an almost universal sales technique that the industry has been practicing for many years. Just take a look at the Tackle Box line test charts, the info on the packaging of lines is a joke. There was a movement mooted to get the industry to change this practice, but if I remember correctly, it was only a recommendation, not anything enforceable.

The exception to this are fluorocarbon lines, which are always overrated...because they are hugely thicker for a given BS than standard mono, and the industry don't want to admit that fact, again for sales purposes.

See here..............www.tacklebox.co.uk/pdfs/line_tests.pdf

Cheers, Dave.

I had an email from Simon Pomeroy of palletrax and he said they should be distributing from July and if I call the office on 01409240042 they would be able to give me forther information.
I have'nt rang the office as yet so I cant tell you any more.
Stephen

I tried to get some for the BFW shop but Pallatrax aren't selling it to the trade, only direct.

Cheers Andy.

I wonder if the line has been graded a little more accurately now ?
The 10lb co-polymer I had previously was .30mm.

The 13lb is .25mm diameter, the 8.5lb .20mm.

I was pleased with the 10lb I had used previously, which they don't do anymore................... which one do I buy !

Back