• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

hello...

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
....just a newbie saying hi - have been reading the posts for a while but took the plunge over new year with a shop purchase and membership.
I am pretty much an all round pleasure angler with the Ouse in Bucks and Severn at Coalport my main river haunts. I am far from any sort of expert or accomplished fisher but love the sport and look forward to taking part in some online debates!
cheers for now, Alan

Welcome Alan, you'll have a laugh on here mate;) Never fished the Ouse down there but fished the Severn down at coalport quite a lot over the years whilst stopping in a nice little pub called The Brewery Inn, beer was good and a massive breakfast after a few hours on the river;)

"I am far from any sort of expert or accomplished fisher but love the sport and look forward to taking part in some online debates!"

You are amongst friends and equals then- welcome Alan.

Welcome to the Mad House.:)

Welcome aboard Alan, may I take this opportunity to avail you of my services if needed, I can offer a free all in guiding service of what I know about fishing the rivers to include the Warwickshire Avon Lower Severn Teme and Arrow, I too am not an accomplished Angler but can point to many days filled with blanks but an occasional Barbel that has been fooled by luck and persistence.

But if you need some expert tuition on the likes of the Ouse then you need to look no further than our very own Mark (Hatter) and his fishing better half (Sue) who will throw in the odd cup of tea too if you happen to stumble across them amongst the bank side vegetation,:eek:

But remember just to ask for advice, I can assure you the advice given will be second to none.

Hi Alan, welcome to the fold ! does not matter if novice,experienced or whatever, we are all here for the same reason,,,,,,,,,,,, we fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ENJOY !

Back