• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Homepage Monster!

John Cook

Wow thats a whacker on the Homepage! Does that pic look right or is it my eyes?

This picture was on the river trent angling group (facebook) a few weeks back. Witnessed and weighed on two sets of scales it said. Well done Jamie, not many of us have had a 16lb barbel at your age :) ( Or in a lifetime!!)

Dave

There is a better pic in todays angling times...Well done young Sir:)

And In the mail. A very deep fish. And it makes a complete mockery of the claimed 19lb warks avon fish that quite frankly looks 12lb.

Great fish Jamie

Most of the comments on fb were positive except one chap who though it was appropriate to comment-"Had Bigger". The lad is 16 years old come on!
He said it was just a joke! :mad:

Dave

Trent fish looks pretty genuine to my eyes,so well done Jamie,as for the warks Avon fish that joker should take up politics.Fish is 11 maybe 12lb.A similar thing happened a while back when another idiot claimed a 17 off the river,why do they do it,I don't know what's worse actually trying to claim such a size or the mail for even printing it

Haha nice one Richard:) In seeing another picture i agree its a monster:D

You were not wrong with your first comment though John, and I see NO reason why you should 'back pedal'.The fish IS a monster, I don't doubt for one moment that it is 16lb's +, and very well done and congratulations to the lad...and all that bit. BUT.... because it has been held at arms length, it looks ridiculously large, as one poster said, 40lb's or so, compared with the lad holding it. I see absolutely no reason at all why saying this is NOT fair comment. If there are better pictures, then thank gawd for that...because that is NOT a good picture and is bound to cause controversy.

Cheers, Dave.

I think it is an excellent picture as it makes a clearly massive fish look even bigger than massive :D Big well done to the captor . It is interesting , thinking back to previous '' debates '' on the holding out fish at arms length issue , that this fish clearly looks it's weight even though it is held out at arms length

Blimey there are some right mizzogs on this forum, well done fella, fish of a life time.

I agree Russell, it IS the fish of a lifetime, it IS huge, the lad did really well to catch it, and he deserves great credit for doing so..nobody is questioning that, OK? The question is, why not hold it in a sensible manner, which would clearly show it to be the massive fish it is? To hold it in the manner he has makes the fish look ludicrously big...it ruins the shot and causes controversy because everyone can see it is artificially enlarged by the silly 'at arms length' pose. Do you not see that point? It already IS a glorious fish...it didn't need that stupid pose to make it look bigger, we can SEE it's a fabulous fish. All that pose does is instantly beg the question...WHY???

It's like Katie prices boobs...they were fine as they were. To have them artificially enhanced to such a ludicrous size with silicone implants has made her a figure of fun...nobody actually believes they are hers, so what the hell is the point? Does saying that make me a 'mizzog' too? Or is 'Mizzog' the new age word replacing the old word 'reality'?

Had the lad NOT held that fish in the arms length pose, there would have not been one question raised, not one comment made, not one word of sarcasm. All there would have been would be the natural, well earned congratulations on catching such a stunning fish. End of.

Gawd, I give up. Head on brick wall and all that.

Cheers, Dave.

Back