• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bob gill rods

I-power twin tip 1.75 & 2lb tops matt black cork handle with hardwood fore grip. Large iso blobs on both. Purple tippets on whippings. The other rod 10ft 1.75lb stalker matt black. cork with hardwood foregrip also ISO blob. Both rods look the nuts.

Can't wait to get a bend in them david. I've got at least 3 good swims that the stalker rod will be ideal for in my local river.

our Bob takes great pride in his rods and do he should, everythings there for an angler to select and get the choice of their own handles and materials, whippings, rings, reel fittings and so on, the rods i have from him i cannot fault cosmetically or in handling fish, yeah you may have to wait a little bit but mn are they worth waiting for:):):)

12' Harrison Torrix, shaped cork with hardwood trim, ALPS reel seat.
12' Harrison Torrix as above, but with extended hardwood butt section.

Treated myself to this torrix twintip built by Bob a couple of years ago.
Lovely rod and great build quality.;)

dave-taylor-albums-dropbox-picture5384-imag003-bob-g-torrix.jpg

Best rod builder about IMHO !!!
Have a 1 1/2lbs Stalker and 2off 2lb I Powers..... Mine are a little special

Couldn't agree more with the comments on here.

I bought an 11ft 1.5lb Torrix a couple of years ago and it's superb.

The build is first class as was Bobs help and advice.

STEVE

I'm sure they're lovely but, if money were no object (as mentioned earlier), wouldn't you rather have a Hexagraph?

There not all they are cracked up to be Richard , nice rods but over priced in my view for what after all is a carbon rod made to look like a built cane rod , i.e hexagonal :D

Arghh yes, but if money was no object, wouldn,t you ??? :)

To be fair I am bit of a tart too, got too many rods I guess, but don't think I would feel at ease in paying £300 notes for a beautiful Bob rod and actually use it on a filthy river bank :)

One of my best purchases was a Fox plus 1.75 from Jemsue (Jeremy Evans) on here, lovely playing action, can't fault it. I reckon most of the older carbon rods were better than most of the new now, certainly with the like of Drennan, Fox etc, but agree Harrison Blanks take some beating.

Back