• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Date for your diary. 15th April BS. Berkshire meeting

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Paul Rogers Regional Organiser has arranged on 15TH April for
Paul Monaghan
( Well known on here for his fantastic barbel captures and predator and fly fishing knowledge)
and Graham Elliott to give presentations at this meeting at the Lands End Pub in Twyford Berks.

Further details later on re timings directions etc.

Graham

i would love to attend the event, cant guarantee 100% because of oxygen but i reckon i can get by for a day or so providing the cars close by for replenishing oxygen bottles, could you let me know the details please graham

I will deffo be there Graham, might even drag Currell along if they sell beer?

Thats Great. Hope you can make it John. Been too long old mate.

Mark. As you know Paul M has had some fantastic fish. Sure we can all learn something.

Be good to see you and Mr. C Keith. Its a pub and really interesting collection of glass cased fish.

Just not many as big as yours or Daves!!!!!@

G

Needed a post on the main board Graham as I missed the last one as I didn't know it was happening.

Will try and encourage some of the other WBC boys to attend.
Might even get offered a lift as I've driven every time I've been to the Lands End...
Would be nice to enjoy a drink or four.

See you and the others on the 15th.

Will bring my autograph book if Mr Speer is attending :p

Never been there Graham, so it will be an interesting visit.
I'll bet all those fish were caught at a time when fish were more plentiful, but big fish were rarer and more difficult to catch!

I am looking forward to this now.

If Ed brings some of the WBC boys the mickey taking at my expense will be epic!!!

I expect it will be a lot of fun though?:):):):):):):):):):)

LANDS END PUB
Landsend Lane, Twyford, Reading, West Berkshire

RG10 0UE

0118 934 0700

7 for 7.30 start. No problem coming in later.

As I said the pub has a great selection of cased fish to view as well as a goid selection of beers.

Hope to see many of you there. Thanks.

They never woke up for me all spring apart from a couple fish Duncs.!

Apart from a raffle there will also be an opportunity to sell any surplus tackle you bring along. Great way to recycle those centrepins and get some proper reels.:rolleyes:

just waiting for Keiths book so I can pay him to sign it..:D

Will try and make this one Graham, is that the pub up the road from your place?

Might fing a bit of fluff at while I'm down there.

Keith

No Keith.
Its near the Loddon at Twyford. About 5mls away.

If you want to do Farmoor together the day before and stay over, you're welcome.

Felix Farm not much good.
G

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of some Loddon barbel that avoided me last season tomorrow night at the meeting/talk

Back