• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Can someone please explain ?

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
Having used many many flasks over the years, some cheap and some not so. Decided on investing in a high quality flask. After reading lots and lots of reviews, i,ve just ordered a " Blue stainless King Thermos 1.2ltr ". Ordered it from Amazon for 24.99 with free delivery. But can anyone please explain, WHY IT COSTS £30.95 " on THERMOS,s own website. It baffles me, how someone else can sell it cheaper, than the manufacturers own website. :confused:

Oops sorry :D, maybe should have posted this on the social board, but i do use the flask for Barbel fishing :p

Last edited:
That taxi rank must have been quiet this morning!

My guess is that the 'official' site shows the RRP.

Derek, as an aside to your question (but at least related :D)

I don't know if you have uses stainless steel flasks before, but if not, there is a downside to them. The old fashioned type, with a mirrored glass inner, were way too fragile for fishing because the inner smashed so annoyingly easily. However, they were WAY better at keeping their contents hot or cold. It's not too important if you only do day trips (although the contents will still be cold by the end)...but useless for longer. They also seem worse for curdling milk, so best to add the milk separately. I know you are supposed to do that anyway, but I even got away with all milk coffee in my old fashioned flasks...you can't do that with st. steel ones (not that most people would want to :D)

No doubt I will now get a plethora of replies like "I found my old stainless flask after it had been lost for six months, and the coffee was still hot', lol. But they are just my findings mate.

Cheers, Dave.

Mike, unfortunately, i can never find any dry twigs in my taxi to get it going. :D;) That,s why i need a flask. :)

I also had the same issue as Dave,the stainless type i used kept the tea hot for only a few hours.I suspect the type of stainless flask was the problem,mine had a screw cap with a push button in the middle to quick access the Tea. Does anyone have a flask with only a screw cap (without the push button) because i suspect these flasks might be better.If so i will be buying the other flask and recycling mine.

I have a stainless thermos one and if I warn it up for 5 minutes before I put my tea in it then it's still warm the following morning was shocked when I tried it. That's just a screw type no button.

I've got the Stanley screw top stainless steel one my coffee or soup which ever one I put in it remains as hot all day as when it was first put in.

café is the answer you tight scouser!:eek:

Mark, there,s only 1 all night cafe open in Liverpool, its called 24/7 cafe, even though its shut mon to wed, i think they still use Mantunna tea bags ( remember them ? 200 for about 8 pence ) and chicory s*** coffee. i think the eggs they use are laid by humming birds, on netto 10p a loaf bread, Ive used thicker quill floats than the sausages, and the chips are hand made out of packet mash. :p;):):D

Don,t get me started on the cakes n pies :mad::eek:

flask

I have this flask and they are excellent..The thing that i found most interesting is that this flask and the 'work series one' both have great reviews and both will keep water hot for 24hrs, yet the 'work series' is £5.00 more..But best of all; 'work series'- 5year guarantee....Thermos king £5.00 cheaper -'50 year guarantee!...( i can include mine in my will!)..

Back