• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

jrc x-lite or chub lo-lite

Paul Rhodes

Thinking of getting a new chair, I want something light and comfy and I've narrowed it down to these two. Anyone got either of them and give me some feedback.
Cheers, Paul.

I bought the Chub Hi-lite, just has longer legs than the Lo-lite. Certainly light enough and the velcro fastening to stop the seat flopping open when carrying it was very useful. However I found the seat to be uncomfortable as the back was too low for my taste, so swapped the legs on to an old JRC? chair which solved the problem.

I swapped my Chub chair for the Nash Nomad as mentioned above , the higher back was much more comfortable,also the padded bit is velcroed on and removes for cleaning when it gets too stinky/muddy.

can recommend the jrc x-lo (3.1kg) as mine is 3 seasons old now and its the best chair ive ever used.

cant comment on the x-lite, but i'd be surprised if it was much lighter?

hi, I use a JRC X-lite on most rivers of the mo. Just weighed mine and found it to be 7lbs/ 3.2kg (with a bit of mud on:)) I didn't like the Chub one cus of the 'bar' across the back of the seat bit (as opposed to the 'back bit'). I'd rather the 2 'prongs', which can be stuck into the bank behind you.
The only small negative I've found with the JRC is...the legs don't extend that much compared to other chairs I've had. But its not been a problem, I'm happy with the chair, and I'd buy one again.

Paul,good choice I moved over to the JRC Light chair after I found the chub light chair uncomfortable due to a metal support holding the canvass across the front causing an ache at the back of the legs

I have a Chub Lo - lite and really like it but I think Chub have discontinued that model. I have had mine for just over a year and struggled to find one but you never know there might be one in stock somewhere.

The seat material is tough and resists water well plus all the other components are good quality. I find it is comfortable and I have a bad back but I rarely fish more than 4 hours at a time.

I've been using the JRC for over a year now after the material wore out on the previous JRC one after about 20 yrs. use. No complaints so far, mud feet are improved and the elastic and padding in the seat makes it a lot more comfortable, seems well made and light, as expected.

Back