• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The big fish off episode two.

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
Well who is giving this dire crud a second chance?

I'm busy chopping wood or painting the scullery or anything else!

Any takers?

Watched part of the first one and wasn't impressed with it, I don't like fishing programmes that try to cater to none anglers as well as anglers, other sports don't compromise why should angling? I understand that fishing may seem boring to none anglers but there are other programmes that I would find boring, I just don't watch them.

Wont be watching any more.

I'll watch the second episode when I get around to it. The first was ok.

It's entertainment and aimed at the youngsters to encourage them to fish. In my opinion some of the negative criticism I've seen elsewhere I don't agree with in the main. It's a bit 'all-right mate' I know, BUT so what!! It doesn't portray angling in a bad light because of that. Just because a number of middle aged men can't relate to the language, doesn't mean youngsters wont.

Come on!! :rolleyes:

Paul
The second one was dire mate.
Don't bother, chew you arm off at the elbow, much more entertaining! !!

Hi men ,

Agreed Paul , it's only telly , and it seems that unless you talk like John Baily or Chris Yates you should not be on it :D .

Compared to what we have , Tight Lines , where Keith will let the guests talk , but only when his own lungs are empty , and he ain't got anything better to say , god now that's like watching paint dry ;) , two men in a shed with a cup of tea , someone tried hard there !

Hatter

Paul
The second one was dire mate.
Don't bother, chew you arm off at the elbow, much more entertaining! !!

Keith, you sound like a spoilt brat. Too many exclusive waters with mega barbel in them ??? :mad:. I missed the first one, but just watched the second on itv player. No, its not what most on here enjoy, " fishing for barbel ". But so what, it was 4 people who obviously love fishing, and looked like they were actually enjoying themselves. Isn,t that what fishing is all about ? Enjoyment ? I,ll fish for anything that swims, and as long as i,m by a stretch of water, i,m more than happy. Any fish is a bonus, and more than welcome, regardless of size or species. Just because it wasn,t your cup of tea, do you really have to sl@g it off ? I actually enjoyed it. Some people need to unscrew their one dimensional head from their backside, look left and right, and take a reality check.

I saw two minutes of this programme and then went outside to watch the grass grow, which was much more fun.

Hugo

Its all about cheap telly, we have had (in no particular order)
Baking (bad enough)
Sewing (I ask You!)
Portrait painting
Allotment growing (well nearly)
and if you stretch it theres guest house keeping & dinner parties

All it does is highlight the appetite for ****e TV for the fat lumps with sad little lives and nowt better to do than sit on their arse in front of the telly....

Wish I had the spare time....

Rant over

Hi men ,

Agreed Paul , it's only telly , and it seems that unless you talk like John Baily or Chris Yates you should not be on it :D .

Compared to what we have , Tight Lines , where Keith will let the guests talk , but only when his own lungs are empty , and he ain't got anything better to say , god now that's like watching paint dry ;) , two men in a shed with a cup of tea , someone tried hard there !

Hatter

Well said Hatter. Anglers expectations eh.

Watching someone else fishing is boring even for fisherman. Every fishing program gets slated by anglers.

If you are tuning into that program expecting to learn something then god help you:D

I have to say the 2nd programe was better than the rubbish initial one.

It was better because of the interesting location, the enthusiasm of the participants and their enjoyment. 6/10.

As a passed middle aged angler, I guess I much prefer the softer style, however there will always be some presenters you wont like. Bailey reminds me of Widow T****y.

Derek. uncalled for. nasty, very unfair.:

Soooooooooooooooo, we're all agreed then:):):):):):):)

Eeeeeh anglers, what ARE we like? No wonder 'Angling Trust' was such a struggle to get off the ground:)

Terry. I am sure the AT will be working as a branch of the EA soon. plenty of money then, taken at source.

Graham

What, and reporting directly to some new Fisheries Minister supremo???
Irony I hope Graham, but many a true word..... don't wish for something we might just get.

ATVB
Terry

Back