• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer

Mike Wilson

It is with regret that I have to relay the news that my dear friend Keith died on the banks of the River Lea last night.
Further details to follow when I know them

Mike

Shocking news Mike, .. utterly depressing!
Our world of angling will miss his writings , and I for one will miss his posts on this forum.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends,.. R.I.P. Keith, I shall remember you when I'm trotting for barbel.
Dave.

Very Very sad news indeed, RIP Keith. Regards to family and friends.

Another of my oldest friends gone, he died on the bankside returning from a days fishing at one of his favorite fisheries.
R.I.P. Keith.

So very sad. The angling world has lost one of the nice guys, and one of it's most accomplished anglers.

RIP my friend. Sincerest condolences to his family.

Not known him long, only met him this season after returning to fishing after a long time off and can say he was very helpful with a great sense of humour. Very sad I won't be able to get to know him better.

Condolences to his family.

Heart felt condolences to Lesley and Lucy and the rest of the family.

Truly devastating news that has hit like a ton of bricks this morning. It's always the good that are taken too early.
And Keith was definitely one of the good, and certainly one of the nicest, most knowledgeable and skilful anglers you could ever wish to meet.

A total gentleman.

All your fishing friends ( and I believe he had a few ) will miss you desperately, but none more so than your buddies in the Windsor Barbel Catchers.

RIP Zanderman, Great All Rounder and King Pin Float Legend.

Absolute shocker , my blood just ran cold !!!!! small comfort he died where he most liked to be ,,,,,,RIP

My deepest condolences to his family.
Like all the others shocked to hear the news and a loss the the fishing world and this forum. I always looked forward to his articles and posts and he will be sadly missed.

Mike, i know the loss of Keith will hit you a lot more than most mate,
condolances to keiths family and friend, i for one will miss thos cups of tea in the corner, shock isnt enough description, he always came across to me as a real fit and healthy man,
again i cannot express my sadness.

mike,can you send me your phone number again please, i lost lots of numbers when changing phones recently, i am back in the area again permanently and maybe we can meet up one day again. john

I could not believe this when I read it, such a huge loss, my condolences to all Keith's friend's and family.

Back