• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tribute to Keith Speer - Contributions needed

Ian Crook

Hi all, Paul Hill and Veralum AC are compiling a tribute to present to Keith's family, please read below:

Hi Guys

I am looking at putting together a high quality leatherbound copperplate volume of Keith's fishing memories, which we will present to the family. I want this to be filled with stories and anecdotes of his fishing exploits, from his huge circle of friends and acquaintances.

I need you guys to send over any tales you may have. It can be anything from a couple of lines to a full blown story. I will ensure that everything gets into the volume, and there is no limit to the amount of space available, as the volume will be bespoke-bound according to our requirements.

Please don't think you have to be Shakespeare. Please don't think you have to be politically correct - Keith certainly wasn't, and neither are his family, I can assure you! We want the little tales that will make you smile, or the moments that stick in your mind. It's doesn't matter how insignificant they were. They don't even necessarily have to relate to fishing.

I'd prefer if you could email these to me at the address below, so that I can co-ordinate and organise them properly. I don't intend to edit anything at all (unless you specifically ask me to!). Spelling mistakes, grammatical faux-pas etc are all part of the fun! If you do want me to edit, please let me know and I am happy to do so.

Please don't let me down on this chaps - I am sure that nearly everyone has something to contribute. I am also circulating this around his other clubs and organisations, so this could turn into a really special book/memorial. I will also investigate getting a plain-bound copy done, which can be made available to all via the club, so that we can all have one last laugh at his expense!

Submissions to : paul@justinsure.co.uk

Please include a note of your full name (and club?) when sending me anything.

Thanks guys

Paul Hill, VAC

Andy, I wonder if we could somehow also capture all the tributes on BFW and get them over to Paul?

Thanks Ian. I've just sent a slightly edited copy of my recent post on our T&DFC forum to Paul. Best regards, Rod.

Back