• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer Funeral

Ian Crook

I am sure some would wish to attend to pay their respects:

Firstly, I need to let you know that the funeral arrangements are as follows;

3:20pm on 12th March 2015 at West Herts Crematorium, Garston, Watford. Wake almost certain to be held at Hatfield Social Club, opposite Hatfield Station, from about 4:45pm, but I will need to confirm this as we have not booked the club yet. The family has requested charitable donations rather than flowers, but they have yet to confirm which charity, so again I will advise shortly.

Secondly, the post mortem was concluded yesterday, and Keith did indeed die of a massive coronary failure. The coroner has said that this would have been instant – almost like flicking a switch – and that he was certainly dead before he fell. Some small consolation there, in that he can’t have suffered.

maybe just maybe he had just connected with the barbel of all barbel. i really hope he had, hanging on to an angling dream, i hope your presence remains enjoying the fishing keith goodbye mate.

There has been a request and backed by the family that any anglers going to the funeral wear their normal fishing clothes. Keith would just love that.
No problem for those that wish to turn up in suit and tie
We are going to celebrate his life

Mike

And knowing Keith's non-pc sense of humour, he would giggle if someone turned up in neoprene chesties two sizes too small.

Back