• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Loddon news

Steve Double

As I know some (including BFW-ers) come from well outside the area to fish it, please be aware that the so-called "free stretch" of the Loddon between Sandford and Whistley Mill in the Hurst/Woodley area will be under the control of Twyford and District Fishing Club from the new season.

Unbeknown to many, the fishing rights were actually owned by a local conservation group, which approached TDFC during last season as they were keen to have the mile-long stretch (downstream of the confluence with the Emmbrook to the current TDFC stretch at Whistley) responsibly managed.

Full details are at: Twyford & District Fishing Club

You could do worse than join....:)

Opposite bank to the new TDFC stretch downstream from the Emmbrook to the first Bailey bridge is free fishing. Well its not controlled. As i have fished there many times in the past.

I'm confused now.
I thought the new Twyford water was the east bank (footpath side).
Ray are you saying the other bank is free too?

Back