• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

crayfish

Its silly they cant be used on waters with an existing population of Signals, sticking 1 on a hook and lobbing it in to many southern rivers, canals and lakes and its 1 of a million, bit late to worry about them spreading

Try Morrisons Graham, a couple of pounds for a tub. 80g is the smallest size.

Hi men ,

Agreed Robert . Spoke to a couple of university people doing a study many years ago , their view was very depressing , suggesting "arking" being the only solution . This is where the water that is infested is drained down , or poisioned to kill everything , then indigious species added . This obviously is a non starter on rivers , where their view was that we are 'stuffed" ( insert real word ).

Hatter

I despise them, passionately. Why don't we start some internet based rumour thingy in which its claimed that a Professor Wiggy and his friend and colleague, Doctor Bone, have discovered that signal crayfish claws can cure baldness and erectile malfunction. And then watch it go viral (the claim I mean). You would need live examples and their right claw should be rubbed vigorously on the effected areas twice a day for, like, loads of years. But each rubbing requires fresh claws. Suddenly you've got massive demand and driven by the prospect of fantastic wealth, an industry that will find an ingenious way of extracting the crayfish.

I despise them, passionately. Why don't we start some internet based rumour thingy in which its claimed that a Professor Wiggy and his friend and colleague, Doctor Bone, have discovered that signal crayfish claws can cure boldness and erectile malfunction. And then watch it go viral (the claim I mean). You would need live examples and their right claw should be rubbed vigorously on the effected areas twice a day for, like, loads of years. But each rubbing requires fresh claws. Suddenly you've got massive demand and driven by the prospect of fantastic wealth, an industry that will find an ingenious way of extracting the crayfish.

If it cures Baldness too i'm all for it:D
Very funny post though, and we could sell them to our far eastern friends as i think they like this sort of idea with medicine, eating powdered Tiger bits for virility etc and a huge market base to boot.

Stephen

If it cures Baldness too i'm all for it:D
Very funny post though, and we could sell them to our far eastern friends as i think they like this sort of idea with medicine, eating powdered Tiger bits for virility etc and a huge market base to boot.

Stephen

Yes, I could do with a tiny bit of help, follically speaking. However, I doubt us barbel anglers need help with the other thing. I get a three foot twitch just watching Dot Cotton emptying an industrial washing machine.

Yes, I could do with a tiny bit of help, follically speaking. However, I doubt us barbel anglers need help with the other thing. I get a three foot twitch just watching Dot Cotton emptying an industrial washing machine.

Perhaps a quick rub with a Crayfish would help the Dot Cotton situation, must be worth a try? I think you are on to a winner here Howard.

Stephen

Only takes one wally, who sees good catches on them, to chance their arm on a clean water and hey presto, another river buggered.

Of course it is but can you guarantee that will be everyone's approach once the crayfish = great catches approach hits the mainstream?

Back