• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Toughest Line??

Terry Simner

Senior Member & Supporter
There's been a few arguments lately between my flying back-leads and swan mussels! What material/brand of line do you reckon is the 'toughest'/most abrasion resistant?
ATBA
Terry

there is one mono which puts its abrasivness way above all other monos and yet is remarkably cheap and that is sunrise amnesia, this proved indestructible on one colne valley pit that had of terrible bars full of zebra mussels and stuff but i never had one cut off after using amnesia.;)

GR60 - I use it in 12lb for all my barbel fishing, it's like rope and has never let me down.

GLT Pro-Clear is pretty dam good as well, the diameter/breaking strength is not overstated so compared to most brands 10lb = 8lb, 12lb = 10lb etc. I use it in 10lb for all my tench fishing and have no plans to change.

glt pro tough, if you can get round the flourescent shimmer when its out of the water then its the dogs!

wont use anything else now.

Anyone had a go with Gardner's Hydro Tuff?? They say its their line with the highest abrasion resistance.
ATBA
Terry

Yes, Hydro Tuff is very good IMO. Used it for a couple of seasons, on spec diameter and good knot strength.
Cheers
Bob

I've used the Profish for 2 years in 0.28 and 0.30 which is 11lb and 13lb respectively. 13lb is my normal barbel line and I find it great, very tough. Only complaint is it can twist a bit on knots but this has never been a problem. Does not twist or coil anything like Sensor, for me it out performed Subline which I really like.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/dave02.htm

Back