• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod sleeve

Paul Dowgill

I usually take one rod, landing net and one rod rest to the river and am looking for a single rod sleeve that does not have a reel pouch attached or built in to transport my gear to and from the river. I already have a quiver but carry my gear at the river so don't need this nor a proper rod bag as they are just excess stuff to lug a round. The rod sleeve would go in my bag.

Anyone know of one - there are loads with reel pouches but looking for one without.

Paul,
Bear in mind that the above is a 3/4 length sleeve open at one end. Have a look at the Gardner XL rod tip protectors or the similar Thinking Anglers long Tip Tops. Two of those would pretty much cover all of your rod, are nicely padded but would probably be less bulky than a dedicated sleeve. Use them g all the time. There is another option which if you pm me a mail address I'll send you a picture of !

Back