• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

flood reel

Gary Wagstaff

i am after a new reel to go on a chimera 3 which i only use when it well up
have 3 3500bs which i will put on my diawa infinitys and on harrison snag an flood .i fish the ribble.
thanks gaz

Penn Live liner's are the ideal flood reel, the gearing is second to none, and has a super smooth over engineered clutch.
Also like the old Shimano 6010's use them on a flooded Severn and cope really well. But they are not dainty.

Have been perfectly happy with my 6000D's after two seasons, which would be suitable. The only downer is the price of spare spools, should one be necessary.

I would have thought 3500b's would be more than up to the job, but if you need something with more cranking power then Shimano Ultegra 5500 XTC's, not too heavy either.

Just bought a shimano oceanic 6000 for flood fishing, cannot review it properley as I ain't used it but it feels right!

Another vote for the Penns, I believe the liveliner model has now been superceded by the Spinfisher now ( virtually the same reel with a couple of cosmetic tweaks )

Look at the shim thunnus 8000. Just an uprated and lighter reel than an 8000D/OC

Back