• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

new region

Raymond Kent

as some of you might be aware,thru facebook,a new barbel society region is being hopefully formed in the autumn,in the Cambridge area,if it is ok with moderators will post more info nearer time.i will be at the bs show in june,if anyone is interested,seek me out there.

Please come and visit us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Barbelsocietyanglian/

I have been wanting to get this going for a while but didn't want to go it alone so am grateful to Dan Whitelock for getting it (and me) kick started. All in the very early stages so far but I am really pleased that Ray Kent is giving it his backing and as a founder member of the society we will surely benefit from his experience.

We are hoping Steve Pope will make a formal announcement at the Barbel Society show on June 7th and that we can arrange an inaugural meeting in the early autumn.

Our initial thoughts were for a Northants, Beds and Cambs region to take in the Nene, Ouse and Ivel catchment areas but making it Anglian widens the field slightly. Huntingdon would seem a logical place to hold the first meeting due to being central and on good road links.

Please join the Facebook page and contribute in a positive way.

See you at the show and if someone can remind me how to change my Avatar I'll get that sea fish off and a barbel picture loaded up.

Please come and visit us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Barbelsocietyanglian/

I have been wanting to get this going for a while but didn't want to go it alone so am grateful to Dan Whitelock for getting it (and me) kick started. All in the very early stages so far but I am really pleased that Ray Kent is giving it his backing and as a founder member of the society we will surely benefit from his experience.

We are hoping Steve Pope will make a formal announcement at the Barbel Society show on June 7th and that we can arrange an inaugural meeting in the early autumn.

Our initial thoughts were for a Northants, Beds and Cambs region to take in the Nene, Ouse and Ivel catchment areas but making it Anglian widens the field slightly. Huntingdon would seem a logical place to hold the first meeting due to being central and on good road links.

Please join the Facebook page and contribute in a positive way.

See you at the show and if someone can remind me how to change my Avatar I'll get that sea fish off and a barbel picture loaded up.

look above where it says " USER CP " ( top left ), click on it and scroll down to " EDIT AVATAR " 2 options to select a new avatar. :)

Back