• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3 weeks to go

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men ,

Still not joined a bit of river :rolleyes: , have a good think about it when I get back from France , or not .

Hatter

Mark you do sound very upbeat about the fast approaching season?

Hi men,

John , me and Sue hardly fished the rivers last season , and our enthusiasm needs to return , if it don't at least I will save some money on club books :eek:

Hatter

Hi Mark, why don,t you and Sue just target river stretches that are either free fishing, or day ticket, a new challenge so to speak, and see how you get on. Even though ive got my name down for a PAAS ticket, i only fish those two types of rivers. Don,t always catch, but have also had some red letter days. :) Also, instead of just fishing for barbel, try having a go on the stick for the roach or chub, ( river dependant ). Good luck on whatever you decide. :)

I used to love fishing the local free river stretches, very often they get far less pressure than club or day ticket waters. Nowadays though I just can't fish with confidence anywhere that is easily accessible to EE harvesting with longlines, close season fishing and bankside fish barbecues.
It's a real shame because when commercial fisheries became popular the riverbanks became largely deserted, I used to fish stretches of the Colne around Watford and between October and March I'd very rarely see another angler and have some great sport with Roach Dace and Chub.
Must spend a bit of time having a look in the next few weeks to see what's left.

Hi men,

John , me and Sue hardly fished the rivers last season , and our enthusiasm needs to return , if it don't at least I will save some money on club books :eek:

Hatter

I must have had 20 hand sized roach from a club water in 2 hours last Saturday, plus a bootlace and a huge tommy ruff, but no matter the Barbel are a' calling and I suspect they will be for you both too.
It's in your blood bruv. :)

I think that Mark has lost his mojo temporarily:rolleyes:

Back