• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kempsey Angling Association

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
That's interesting, had a walk by there with Joe in the close season, was impressed, and a bit of West Bank fishing on the Lower Severn, count me in :)

have you joined Neil? It looks tempting, although I've got a Pixham ticket this season, tried it last week, but the barbel were at it, only caught bream. There was a guy fishing opposite the car park when I packed up. There doesnt seem to be much access to the 'Ham' on the map though, i may have a look when im down there this weekend.

have you joined Neil? It looks tempting, although I've got a Pixham ticket this season, tried it last week, but the barbel were at it, only caught bream. There was a guy fishing opposite the car park when I packed up. There doesnt seem to be much access to the 'Ham' on the map though, i may have a look when im down there this weekend.

I am in the process of negotiating (blag) my membership John, spoke with Hon Sec missus or rather as she puts it fishing widow :p so fingers crossed. As Joe said yesterday the other bank is faster water, and does have some good staging on the pegs opposite Pixham.

I was going to shell out for Pixham, but this looks like a cheaper option:) but PF is a nice stretch, see you down there I expect, I'll be opposite bank waiving :p

This is a cracking bit of river and great value for money when you consider the cost of neighbouring stretches. Many prefer this bank to the opposite side of the river also. A number of years back a few of us had a concerted campaign down here and it produced some very good fish for us.
Access to the Ham used to be down the bottom of Pixhams Ferry Lane where there is a parking area, which brings you out almost at the bottom end of Pixhams Ferry opposite.

Cheers
Mark

Years ago I did a recruitment drive for the club...it was is such a friendly well run club with easy access I had to share. I can confirm John Barker is still involved, or so I have been told, I have sent an email for details and will report back here.
What I do know now is that the club only have 8 pegs, and Graham or JC could offer more advice as I have not renewed for a few years.

Back