• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hemp prices!!!!

Steve Brand

Went to my local supplier for a stock of hemp today and was told the price Is set to rocket!
Was looking for about 12 to 15 kilo bag but they only had 2.5 kilo bags or 25 kilo was offered two by 2.5 bags for £11 or four for £20 or a 25kilo bag for £35.
Was told when the current stock has gone a 25kg bag will be £50, I dont use loads of the stuff thankfully but seems a bit steep to me.
Anyone else heard rumours of a serious price rise in the offing.

As an update another local company is offering 10kg prepared for £11 how much would 1kg dry weigh after preparation? I think It will be a no brainer to buy the ready prepared at that price got to pick It up local though and thats no big deal Is It?

Last edited:
I get it at 25 quid a sack still, my ,mate supplies All sorts of similar stuff great price but u have to collect from Tewksbury area. No indication that prices are set to increase

Chris, where in Tewkesbury is your source? Is it a shop? Cheers.

Back