• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tripod

Neil Smart

Another question... Some time ago there was a device that was featured on here that converted banksticks into a tripod. Could any kind soul help me in finding the product?

hi neil, what your looking for is a gardener camera tripod head mate, one where 3 bank sticks screw in the head and theres a center hole in top where either your camera or rodrest top screws into mate:)
it works just fine with no bulky tripod to carry

That's what you're on about Neil I think.

:p That's some set up, I know the Trent lads use similar, but by immediate needs are for something less bulky and smaller for a particular peg that is awkward to get a bankstick in.

Good for the Lower 7 though.

the scud aint a tripod setup, the triad is also comes with a hook under the head for weighting down

Had a look at the blurb John and the scud seems to be the one that might work, although with me asking for a tri-pod set up the the triad would be the ideal fit. Looks like the triad would be the weigh masters choice in the club matches in hanging the big avons from? :)

Scud = missile = launcher, blimey...

neil orionally it was for making up a firm camera tripod ;) me not taking a camera anywhere it seemed a good pocket sized tripod mate, either way im glad your problems sorted:)

neil orionally it was for making up a firm camera tripod ;) me not taking a camera anywhere it seemed a good pocket sized tripod mate, either way im glad your problems sorted:)

Thanks John I will let you know the outcome when it arrives.
Hope your keeping well.

yes still alive and kicking, fishing limited to day trips due to weight of oxygen bottles ect and have to be a short distance from parked car, still gotta give thanks for small mercies, at least i can get out, found out a lot moreabout a nice local barbel stretch:):):):) which will suit me perfectly almost, have a good season neil:)

yes still alive and kicking, fishing limited to day trips due to weight of oxygen bottles ect and have to be a short distance from parked car, still gotta give thanks for small mercies, at least i can get out, found out a lot moreabout a nice local barbel stretch:):):):) which will suit me perfectly almost, have a good season neil:)

Getting out and actually doing it is what it's all about I guess, think you have moved by now, chuffed you got a bit of river you can manage, keep doing it John. :D

Back