• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Moon phase calender

Stuart Linton

Senior Member & Supporter
Hello all.

I seem to remember a guy doing moon phase calenders, I think it may have been called moon strike by a barbel angler called Chris.....? Does anyone know if he still does them and direct in the right place to look.

Ta

Hi Stuart,
Moonstrike it was Chris Lyons, i don't think the website is still going though there are other sites that do same sort of things,tides,moon phases,chances of catching etc..
fishingreminder.com is one that springs to mind..
john.

Thanks for the replies gents. Wanted to get hold of the moon strike one if I could. Looks like it may not still be going but would be glad to be corrected.

Thankyou Anthony, I did see this. Would be ideal if this were available.

Fish don't respond to moon phases Neil, do tell.

If I followed the moon I would never have caught like I have .caught in snow storms.if they are not adjacent moon or not you have to start thinking.each to his own
Albert

The moon plays an amazing influence world over, but where I fish mostly on the Tidal Trent TT. I do fish the river at certain times according to the moon. On a full moon on a clear river it could and mostly is doom and gloom especially at night. However the day could be very good indeed when the tide mixes things up and introduces some colour. On an half moon on a low and clear river i generally try to get the float rod out and go for the barbel this way as the river is running off mostly and you dont have to fight the river so much with constant moving and depth changing. It also makes it a damn sight easy to keep your bait tight.I also find in flood a full or new moon slows the river right down as opposed to a half moon when the river could run 50% faster. Timing is everything and could mean a slow day if u don't get it right.

Fishing tidal waters the period where the incoming tide is starting to raise the water level is most definitely a good feeding/ taking time. This, in my experience, applies to coarse, game and sea fish.
Likewise the time when the tide is running out seems to be the time the fish feed the least.

Thankyou Anthony, I did see this. Would be ideal if this were available.

Fish don't respond to moon phases Neil, do tell.

The author comments of moon phase being attributed to 8/10 of record breaking catches, why he even mentions two tone, just another way to part the gullible from their well earned....

But if it works for you then fine, me, I just go fishing when I can and without consulting the planets.

The author comments of moon phase being attributed to 8/10 of record breaking catches, why he even mentions two tone, just another way to part the gullible from their well earned....

But if it works for you then fine, me, I just go fishing when I can and without consulting the planets.

I was hoping you might detail how you came to the conclusion that there is nothing in moon phases worth pursuing in relation to angling?

I was hoping you might detail how you came to the conclusion that there is nothing in moon phases worth pursuing in relation to angling?

II don't need to prove anything, that is the responsibility of those that believe such notions to come up with some evidence.

Please feel free to enlighten us.

Or is it just b.s?

I'm with Neil on this one, just go fishing, whenever you get the chance, and enjoy it. Can,t for the life of me, see how a full, half, waxing, waining moon etc etc, can determine if a fish is hungry. If i'm hungry, i head straight to the fridge/larder. I don,t look out of the window in the middle of the night, and think oh B*****s, i,m starving, but i cant eat cos the wolves are out. Just fill ya face and get a bait in the water. If your not there, you cant catch. :)

So the moon can move the sea but it can't have an efect on fish?
Personally I don't pay any attention to it and will always go fishing whenever I get the chance but I do believe there could be something in it.
Ask any carp angler about full moons and big commons.

I'm with Neil as well.i thought we were all singing from the same hymn sheet. If I had to consult the moon everytime I wanted to go fishing I would have little time on the bank.started in 1939 and caught my fair share without asking the moon to shine on me.
Albert

Back