• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

F.A.O:Garlic Spam Aficionados

Peter Robinson

Tescos are currently selling the 200 gram cans for £1, if anyone needed to stock up.
Also for those that do the odd overnighter or longer, Tescos have started to stock a range of "longlife" meals made by a company called "Look what we've Found". I've bought this range online for several years mainly to take on French carping trips. They don't require any special storage and last for a year.
For my next trip to the Wye I shall be mainly eating Chilli Con Carne or Chicken Tikka.:D

garlic spam

Tescos are currently selling the 200 gram cans for £1, if anyone needed to stock up.
Also for those that do the odd overnighter or longer, Tescos have started to stock a range of "longlife" meals made by a company called "Look what we've Found". I've bought this range online for several years mainly to take on French carping trips. They don't require any special storage and last for a year.
For my next trip to the Wye I shall be mainly eating Chilli Con Carne or Chicken Tikka.:D

Got myself stocked up with the g spam from tesco today lady on the check out seemed keen to know If It was a local favourite meal option.
Seemed a little suprised when I told her It was not destined for human consumption but was to be fishing bait:)
Will check out the ready meals next chance I get though:D

Thanks Peter, unfortunately all sold out in my local Wirral Tesco at lunchtime today.

Thanks Peter, unfortunately all sold out in my local Wirral Tesco at lunchtime today.

Gavin, they had loads of it in the big Widnes store at 4.30 a.m. this morning. :) If you want me to pick you some up, let me know how many and i,ll pop in later and get it for you ( if its still there ). Can arrange a meat ( sorry, couldn't help myself :D )when your next on the Wirral/Lpool :)

Thanks Derek but no need, Mrs going to Bidston superstore later, they'll have some. Heswall is only a small store so probably didn't have much stock to start with. Cheers anyway.

I've tried those ready to go meals, they're not too bad actually! Cooked up in a mess tin with some of that packet Uncle Bens rice and it's cheap and easy to get some chow on the bank. I like the fact they're in packets too so not very bulky to carry to your swim. Must stock up before I head cross country to the Severn in a couple of weeks!

Spam location networking , love it ! :)

They're quite a friendly lot this side of the hills Mike, even towards a Yorkie in exile!

That's me stocked up for a few months - Mrs was instructed to clear the shelf but left two behind as she felt guilty, eh?? I like the 200g tins, perfect Ouse catfish hookbait size. :D

Back