• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Something to sit on when roving

Steve Brand

Tried a roving approach first time for a very long time took my super light weight chair, but found It a bit of a hinderance to carry.
Tried sitting on my unhooking mat and thats no good either my knees wont take It anymore:(
Does anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable seating arrangement whilst roving otherwise I will revert back to a static bait and wait,or just fish the stick float for roach, dace etc:D

Exercise ball ? nice and comfy if you get the balance right and you can pretend yer Billy Bremner and kick it from one swim to another instead of carrying it :)

search and see "A fishing chair that isnt really a chair but you can sit on it. And it carries stuff."

I use a Fox FX combo mat rather large though but fairly comfy.

Steve, Ian's search covered most of the bases.
I get on with a small folding stool weighing a couple of pounds which clips on the back of my ruck bag.
https://www.lafuma.co.uk/index.php?p=products&pid=516&prodname=lafuma pl stool

I'm now however, quite taken with Simons ball idea, and as I've always been a c#ap footballer, I'm thinking along the lines of a space hopper!:D
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81zoZsDta9L._SY355_.jpg

:D Thats perfect camou for where i'm fishing Dave ! double up as a great decoy as well !

I once fished a distant stretch of water which responded well to a roving approach, my solution, in the cooler months, was to wear a pair of neoprene chest waders. Can sit anywhere, in a puddle if you like, also easy to return the Barbel safely.

I've found snowboarding impact shorts provide a nice padded cushion, perfect for wearing under a pair of chest waders. Bit warm in the summer months though...

balls?

Exercise ball ? nice and comfy if you get the balance right and you can pretend yer Billy Bremner and kick it from one swim to another instead of carrying it :)

I dont think exercise balls where around when you used to fish Castle Howard were they Simon dont you wish you were back up North?:D

I dont think exercise balls where around when you used to fish Castle Howard were they Simon dont you wish you were back up North?:D

Steve, the mud on Castle Howard would have rendered kicking anything along the bank impossible mate ! Do i wish i was still up North ? There's a lot i miss to be honest, but then again we are very happy where we are nowadays. My memory is rubbish Steve, do i know you ?

Mike, we live on top of a hill, trust me it gets cold here too, not Hornsea mere cold i grant you, but still cold enough fer my old bones :D

Back