• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge 2015 -10th Anniversary

Mike Hodgkiss

This years Ousemeister Barbel Challenge will be held on the Yorkshire Ouse at Newton on Ouse on Saturday the 19th of September , as usual we will be fishing the picturesque Cherryfields stretch courtesy of Newton on Ouse AC . Fishing will be from 1-7pm with food and merriment to follow just down the road at the Black Horse in Tollerton . If you wish to come along please post on here or E mail me at mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com, please do not send PM's . This is a fun event with the top prize being the much coveted Barbel Challenge trophy plus the Tommy Ruffe shield and other prizes for things I haven't dreamt up yet . Cost to enter £6 payable on the day . I will put up more details nearer the time . Entry is limited to 20 anglers on a first come first served basis . As past attendees will testify this is a great day out , look forward to hearing from you all .

Me neither Mike, off down to Padstow that saturday morning:mad: gonna have to sort something out for next year, thats two yrs on the trot Im gonna miss it.

Hi Mike
Would you add my name to your list for the fishing and the afters.
Looking forward to the challenge as usual
Regards Mark

My Dad has had the angling bug stirred once more and would like to join if you could put me down for two, Mike?
I was looking through his gear at the weekend, no cane rods but I found my Daiwa Lightning Coil leger rod! Thought I'd left it somewhere along with my silstar traverse-x match picker that I found too. So many memories, so many papers delivered to buy those.

I have 50th birthday party on that day,hope you all have a great day and catch a few fish and sink a few jars.

Tight lines

Mike

Evening folks . So far we have 6 confirmed attendees [ Mike Lowrence , Robin Bowes,myself , Greg Mellor , Mr Mellor senior , and Mark Dyer , with 2 possibles , Dave Maddison and Ken Jones ] I am presuming that you will all want to eat at the pub afterwards so I an going to book 8 places provisionally . If you don't want to eat let me know a.s.a.p. Prizes are as follows , the Ousemeister trophy + a special prize as it's the 10th anniversary, for the biggest barbel , or in the absence of any barbel caught , the biggest of any other species as compared to the current national rod caught record . A shield for the best looking Tommy Ruffe , bottle of red eye for the best looking gudgeon , and a re furbished vintage cane rod for the biggest barbel caught using a cane rod . Magnum of champagne for the biggest Salmon and / or Burbot caught .

Evening chaps . Hope you are all set for Saturdays fishing . Only 6 anglers can make it so we will have plenty of room . The river is carrying a fair bit of water so don't bother bringing your swan shot link ledgers and donkey tops .:D To confirm we will meet at 12 midday on the back lane near the rear of the pub , please park on the grass near the memorial not in the pub car park , there is a sign saying parking . We will fish from 1- 7 then retire to the pub in Tollerton for food and drink , tables are booked . I will go and have a look at the river tomorrow evening to make sure it's not suddenly turned in to the Ganges

Back