• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What will Asaki this go for?

My local tackle shop sold all theirs off for £80 apiece as no-one would buy them !! should have bought the lot :( I have one and i sold another to a guy on here, very nice rods, silly price, don't you just love Ebay :)

They are very good rods, i regret selling my spare now, i'd buy it back in the blink of an eye, but not for £200 plus.

ASAKI blanks are very high quality and were made in Japan rather than China, think thats why they are sought after Neil, better/worse, in rod terms thats very subjective, one mans meat ETC :)

I've got a Preston Asaki 13ft feeder rod, and yeah it is a tad garish for my tastes, but it's a cracking chub rod, very well made and with the almost perfect non-locking action. I wouldn't dream of swapping it. Bought for £90 on fleabay

ASAKI blanks are very high quality and were made in Japan rather than China, think thats why they are sought after Neil, better/worse, in rod terms thats very subjective, one mans meat ETC :)

Well considering I dislike Chinese goods I guess that is good enough reason... but are they better than the English Harrison or my much coveted original Drennan Tench?

Well considering I dislike Chinese goods I guess that is good enough reason... but are they better than the English Harrison or my much coveted original Drennan Tench?

Dunno :) Quality wise they are very good, you may pick one up and hate it, like i said rods are quite a personal thing, All companies make good and not so good design wise to the individual ,my mates Harrison Barbel rod ( not sure what it is ) to me is frankly horrible, but i have Chimeras which i really like, then again others prefer Torrix's, interceptors etc etc

Dunno :) Quality wise they are very good, you may pick one up and hate it, like i said rods are quite a personal thing, All companies make good and not so good design wise to the individual ,my mates Harrison Barbel rod ( not sure what it is ) to me is frankly horrible, but i have Chimeras which i really like, then again others prefer Torrix's, interceptors etc etc

How true,I love my Fox Plus 12' 1.75, it's getting on in years, and I bought it second hand on here too, fantastic action and has landed 13lb plus Barbel without any dramas, locking up etc.

Makes an excellent heavy feeder rod too.

Not all about cost is it?

For that price I would chuck another few squid in the hat, and have a new custom rod built! :) but there again I am a canny Yorkshire man.

How true,I love my Fox Plus 12' 1.75, it's getting on in years, and I bought it second hand on here too, fantastic action and has landed 13lb plus Barbel without any dramas, locking up etc.

Makes an excellent heavy feeder rod too.

Not all about cost is it?

Not necessarily no, Is that Fox rod one of the bottle green ones ? one of the nicest reasonably priced rods ever made imo.

Didn't know they did a 11' why do you want a 11' ? if I may:rolleyes:
Will keep a look out for you though.

Cos i like 11ft rods ! They used to be long when i started Barbel fishing :) You don't need 12 footers half the time you think you do and 11's feel so much better in your hand, well they do to me anyway.

The Drum & Monkey is still going strong Simon! :) I got myself an 11ft Torrix a couple of weeks ago, £200 factory build and a beautiful rod (great for the Nidd! :) a fantastic bit of kit which I wish I had bought years ago! A lot of the guys on the site have, use and recommend!

Thats good Paul, nice place. Your Torrix, is it the pound and three quarter one ? thinking of getting one of those myself, just need to see one and have a waggle first !

Hi Simon, yes, the 1 3/4 lb rod. Light as a feather, thin blank, but easily the equal to any of the other same test curve rods I own. May be worth asking about a waggle from one of the guys on the site as they are spread far and wide.

Back