• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Block end feeders pellets

Steve Brand

I am considering using a smallish block end swimfeeder containing a small number of the large elips pellets and some paste to create flavour trail of attraction In the swim.
I am fishing stretches with low stock levels of barbel and In the faster flowing swims I am concerned that any bait introduced by hand or In pva bags Is being washed a long way down stream.
Has anyone had any success by using this high attraction low feed tactic on rivers with a small barbel population?

High attraction low feed - a big lump of garlic spam fits the bill on that score for me.

Hi Steve, what about making a stiffer paste, and adding just a few pellets to the mix. As the paste slowly dissolves creating the flavour trail, just the odd pellet or two will be released, and washed down river to entice the fish up towards the feeder. Just a thought. :)

I use a similar method to the one described above. Very stiff ground bait mix with half a dozen pellets. My feeder is often still half full after 30 minutes in the water.

Back