• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Day Shelter

Hello there

Looking for a decent one, something small light but good quality any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Arron:D

Second recommendation for the korum shelter.

I probably only use it half a dozen times a season but it is brilliant when the weather is really bad and you don't have to walk far. It's a doddle to get up and down even when it's blowing a gale. Makes a wet and windy day on the Trent really enjoyable if the fish are biting!

Only slight downside is the bags aren't brilliant.

Another vote for the Korum (the Mk 2 is the better model). It's actually big enough to get a bedchair under for an overnighter, so long as the weather's reasonable. Very straightforward to set up and small enough to fit into a quiver if walking short distances to the river. If the wind shifts, it can easily be unpegged and lifted into place (but not if there's a gale force wind!). .

I have the Korum mk1 and have used It mainly on holiday trips, I found mine could be a pig to take down and not sure I could be bothered putting It up for less than an eight hour plus job, although once up provides great cover.
Got a specimen type brolly wychwood solace 50inch love mine for short sessions.

I like the Korum shelter easy to use decent coverage and stands quite tall.

I have the Korum mk1 and have used It mainly on holiday trips, I found mine could be a pig to take down and not sure I could be bothered putting It up for less than an eight hour plus job, although once up provides great cover.
Got a specimen type brolly wychwood solace 50inch love mine for short sessions.

Easy for erection and breaking down if you insert/take out the poles whilst it is lying flat on the floor and then opening out to clip on the tension rods.

Back