• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wye Visit Wednesday Thursday

Hi new boy to forum would be very greatful for any tip vistiting Sugwas Court wed and Kerne Bridge Thursday
Its my second trip last year I had a blank except for a Pike which I caught as nothing was happening on my Barbel rod with Luncheon meat, legering with a hair rig so hoping for a barbel or nice chub this time
Be great to hear from you thanks Richard

Hiya Richard

Probarly stand a much better chance using a good size feeder with 2-3oz weight maybe.
A few freebies in the feeder each cast and plugged with lots of light groundbait like fishmeal,crushed hemp,crushed pellet etc
Keep casting out to same spot.

I was shown this simple effective method few years ago by "the silver fox":) and it certainly is a good plan.Stick at it, or move and start again .

Fished meat recently on Wye caught a few eels and one nice chub,it would not be my first choice "go to" bait.

Others will clarify ,improve etc I am sure.
Keep it simple.

Regards Mark

I agree with Mark, meat is ok if the river is up and coloured but I wouldn't fish it if it's low and clear. Feeder with ground bait or personally prefer small 3 and 4mm pellets in a block end.

Back