• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam alert!!

Neil Smart

No not that type, :rolleyes:

Tesco have on offer 300g tins of normal Spam at just £1.50:eek:

Don't say you haven't been warned.:(

Thanks Neil :) It can always be cut into cubes/chunks, before covering with garlic powder/oil, before freezing to absorb the flavour. ;)

David, I went to our local Poundland a week back to get the garlic variety, but the only stuff they had was the black pepper flavour.

Cheers, Dave.

Went to Poundland today Bracknell. Only Black Pepper on sale.£1 a tin. Brought 20 tins. Cashier said have you tried the Spam in Batter its lovely.

Mmmmm...... Garlic or pepper ?????? Never had great success with either, think i,ll stick to the original, smothered then frozen in " extra hot " curry powder, no contest ;)

Plumrose pork and ham.

Still 99p in lots of places, a bit firmer than spam still with a high meat content, Holland and barret out of date garlic tablets from my other half convert this into a nice imitation of garlic spam , I always take a ice pack to keep it cool as well , just wish that they had not reduced the size of tins of both a while back , although the large tins of spam were £1.39 in teski towers yesterday.

"spam alert!"

Having had a problem obtaining Garlic Spam from a brand new, recently-opened Sainbsbury's store here in Hinckley last week (although I did still have three tins in my garage) I decided to visit my previous, regular source at the Nuneaton branch yesterday, only to find none on the shelves there either:eek:

After much research last night, it seems that my concerns about this ('acquired taste') product in the average weekly shop being fazed out were gradually being confirmed:(

In fact having just come off the 'phone this morning from TULIP Ltd in Warwick (the only UK distributor for Spam products) I was told that this particular item has been "de-listed" and would not be available in future due to poor demand.

So, if you can track ANY remaining stocks somewhere, then get stocked up now!

Roger

Such a pity. Although it's still available through the parent company, HORMEL FOODS in the USA (so if anyone is planning a trip "across the pond" soon, please call me for my bulk order:))

Back